View Outer Space From Our Open Space!
"Pinedale Eclipse Fest" with events happening around Pinedale, WY
- Museum of the Mountain Man Total Solar Eclipse exhibit on display all summer.
- Sublette County Library kids programs
Friday August 18th:
- 1 - 5PM Solar Eclipse Presenter, Lowell Observatory at the Museum of the Mountain Man
Saturday August 19th:
- 11AM - 5PM Solar Science Stations at the Museum of the Mountain Man Click here for the complete list of activities
- Sublette BOCES - Inflatable Star Lab. Times TBA
- Starting at 5:30pm - PFAC Summer Music Series at American Legion Park featuring The Deer with Lonesome Heroes and Whipporwill
"Roping the Moon Eclipse & Rock Fest"
at the Sublette County Fairgrounds in Big Piney, WY
Friday August 18-Monday August 21st
- August 18-20th: Sublette County Rock Hounds Gem and Mineral Show. Click here to view more details
- August 19-20: Food vendors (including The Bench Grill and Pioneer Smokehouse) and beer available.
- August 19-20: 'Kid Fun Zone' outdoor games 11am-7pm.
- August 20th music by 'Skippy and the T-bones' starting at 3:30..
- The Bench Grill will be serving a pancake breakfast Monday morning 7-11am. Grab you chair and your glasses and watch the eclipse!
#WYSkies #ThatsWY #VisitSubletteCounty #VisitPinedale #pinedaleeclipsefest @subcovisitorcenter
Do you have an eclipse event happening in Sublette County? We want to list it here! Send Debbee an email
Make your plans now to visit Sublette County for the eclipse viewing on Monday, August 21st.
- For a contact list of Chamber lodging, RV site and campground members: click here.
- The Historic Daniel Schoolhouse in Daniel, WY has space for a group campout too ! Call Rena (307) 859-8490 to reserve before it's too late
- Thomson Outfitters is can't wait for you to come visit them at the closest accommodations to the Green River Lakes! Book their Eclipse Adventure Package before they are full! CLICK HERE Wanna hike in? How about having them drop off your gear for you!!?
- Green River & Bridger Teton Outfitters is offering the Trip of a Lifetime ! Limited space is available for this 5 day 5 night package full of activities, including an experienced astronomer and viewing of the eclipse. Click here for more details
- Big Sandy Lodge and Boulder Lake Lodge have recently indicated space available. Call NOW!
For a contact list of Chamber outfitters & guides : click here
For more information and lodging in Big Piney and Marbleton: click here
Information about other Sublette County communities including Bondurant, Boulder, Cora & Daniel : click here
WHAT IS A TOTAL SOLAR ECLIPSE?
A total solar eclipse occurs when the silhouette of the Moon completely blocks the light of the Sun, allowing the solar corona to be visible, like a halo. Totality occurs only in a narrow track across the Earth, which in 2017 includes Wyoming and northern parts of Sublette County!
- What will Wyoming weather be like in August? Click here to find out.
- Check out this eclipse video from NASA!
- Click here for a more accurate path of the eclipse by NASA!
- Click here for a map showing night sky brightness around Sublette County.
- To learn even more about the total solar eclipse visit:
Eclipse viewing glasses and information booklets are for sale! Contact us to find out where!