Sublette County Health, Hennick Street, Pinedale, WY, USA
The EMT-Basic will, under general supervision, provide basic emergency care to the ill and injured. They
will guide and support Emergency Medical Responders and/or students in the application of appropriate
EMS techniques, as required. Performs direct illness/injury assessment and management, preparation for
transport, transfer of information, and patient care.
About the Role
1. Subject to varying situations including ability to understand and respond appropriately, effectively
and sensitively to special population groups, including those defined by race, ethnicity, language,
age, sex, sexual orientation, economic standing, etc.
2. Frequent contact with a variety of people including prisoners and people with mental, emotional
and physical disabilities.
3. Medical office, exam room, laboratory, radiology, emergency room and professional practice
settings. Frequent exposure to communicable diseases and other conditions common to rural
4. Work environment involves exposure to unusual elements, potentially dangerous materials and
situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of
5. May require travel between District sites.
Varied activities including moving, traversing, reaching, bending, and lifting. Requires full range of body
motion including moving, positioning and transporting patients. Also requires manual and finger
dexterity, and eye-hand coordination. Requires moving and traversing in oftentimes difficult and uneven
terrain for extensive periods of time. Occasionally must move items weighing up to 75 pounds without
assistance. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. This position frequently requires
working under stressful conditions and irregular hours. Year-round highway travel between clinics and
other facilities throughout the district is required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
persons assigned to this job. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
skills, and working conditions for the persons so classified. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities
and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
1. Responds to emergency medical occurrences as they arise, performs initial assessment and
renders EMT Basic assistance to ill or injured patients as required.
2. Prepares or assists in the preparation of patients for transport.
3. Provides direct comprehensive patient care as required in each individual case.
4. Leads, guides, and/or assists in the training of Emergency Medical Responder (EMR), EMT-Basic
and/or students, as specifically assigned.
5. Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality
improvement objectives, and safety, environmental or infection control standards, and maintains
all appropriate required documentation.
6. Inspects emergency medical equipment to ensure serviceability and compliance with safety and
infection control regulations and standards.
7. Completes and transfers patient care information and records as per established procedures.
8. Performs routine station, working and living areas, cleaning on a daily basis and vehicle
maintenance as directed by the EMS Shift Lead.
9. Performs other duties as assigned by EMS Operations Director.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
2. Wyoming certification as Emergency Medical Technician-Basic.
3. Must possess a valid Wyoming Driver’s license, clean driving record and clean background check.
4. Valid CPR certification (AHA BLS-4-HCP or ARC CPR for the professional rescuer).
5. Must maintain an EMT-Basic certification including, but not limited to:, MAST, AED self assisted
6. A minimum of one (1) year experience in Emergency Medical Services is preferred.
7. Minimum of 18 years of age.
8. Must have knowledge and understanding of all existing medical equipment.
9. Must be proficient in use of calculator, computer and other standard office equipment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of and skill in the application of EMT-Basic protocol and procedures.
2. Knowledge of and skill in the application of basic on-site emergency medical protocol and
3. Knowledge of the use of emergency medical transport procedures, facilities, and equipment.
4. Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.
5. Knowledge of emergency medical equipment maintenance regulations and policy standards
6. Knowledge and skills of record maintenance.
7. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
8. Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
9. Ability to provide guidance and support to other EMT staff and/or students.
About the Company
All interested parties should contact Dani Long at email@example.com . Please include an
application and resume.